Fourfields Community Primary School is a Maintained Community Primary School fully funded by Cambridgeshire County Council. The governors agree to accept the Admission Policy guidelines produced by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Our admissions and appeals process is managed by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Children are admitted to school at the beginning of the school year (September - August) in which they are 5. The online application process opens in 16th November and closes on 15th January. Parents are advised if they have been successful in securing a place on 16th April. Applications received after 16th November (but before 1st May) will hear on 13th May.
PAN for Fourfields (Pupil Admission Number)
The PAN which has been determined for Fourfields is 30. This is the number of pupils which can be accepted for each class unless Cambridgeshire Admissions determine otherwise, usually following an appeal.
Yaxley - that part to the north of Broadway and even numbers on Broadway. In case of equal merit in each set of criteria (see below) priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
The criteria are listed in order.
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) which names the school. Those children with a statement of SEN / EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were previously Looked After but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or Special Guardianship Order;
- Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceases to be in state care as a result of being adopted;
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling (child living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area with a sibling at school at the time of admission.
- Children of members of staff, providing they have been employed for a minimum of two years and / or recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage;
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
These criteria have been taken from 'The First Steps' booklet provided by the LA.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, the priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line. The distance, for admissions purposes, is measured using a straight line from the centre point of the home to the centre point of the school as determined by the National Property and Land Gazetteer (NPLG). These distances are produced by the LA (Local Authority) Admissions Team for the school. For families living outside the catchment area covered by the Cambs mapping system, distances are determined using a combination of local maps and on-line resources.
Where parents/carers are unsuccessful in securing a place at our school, please click HERE for information and guidance for the Appeals process.
Cambridgeshire County Council - Admissions Department or phone 0345 0451370.
September Foundation Stage Intake
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School Admissions website for detailed information on the application process.
In Year Applications
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School Admissions website for detailed information on the transfer process including an application form.